Re: [ide-dev] Ctrl-1 driven development

I’ve been following this discussion with interest and I just wanted to point out a possible, somewhat vague, solution to one of these issues. A registry of file types and associated editors with p2 install locations could be shipped with each EPP package, so that Eclipse would know how to install the preferred editor when missing. This could even be extended to use the Eclipse Marketplace for file types not supported by any of the Eclipse projects. “Someone” could flag i.e. the WTP XML editor as “recommended”, other editors supporting XML should also be listed.

Best regards,
Torkild
--
Torkild Ulvøy Resheim
Consultant / Eclipse Committer / Senior Software Developer