Re: [ide-dev] [cross-project-issues-dev] Start collecting requests for Error Reporting v2

On 06/12/2015 01:15 AM, Marcel Bruch wrote:
We are now looking forward to the first two weeks of the Mars release
and cross fingers that we don’t get flooded.

Marcel,

Do we have an OFF switch somewhere so that we can turn these things off if we see we're going to get flooded?

Have we...?
Do you...?

I have a big "OFF" switch called a firewall, but I'm not sure how that will manifest itself in Eclipse if the error reporter cannot connect to its home site.

Also, just so I understand, the 1000's of daily reports (which could become 100,000's of daily reports on June 25) are all reports against the recommenders server, right? Not Bugzilla bugs, right? The latter could see the OFF switch extended to your user account :)

I will be at ECE to collect on any wrongdoings you do to your fellow committers.

In all seriousness, let me know if there's anything I can do to make sure we're prepared for what is about to come.

Denis

Back to the top