Re: [ide-dev] Inconsistent Eclipse user experience

On 09 Mar 2014, at 08:32, Max Rydahl Andersen <manderse@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I think it's worth noticing he mentions groovy eclipse which to make it work "hot patches" the JDT.

In defence of JDT I want to say, that Xtext and Xtend don’t use any AOP technique in order to build JVM based-tooling and integrate with JDT.
And although it would be nice if JDT was more extensible, it’s the groovy and scala plug-in developer’s choice and responsibility to “integrate” that way.
Unfortunately the user doesn’t distinguish and just blames Eclipse...

Sven

Back to the top