Re: [ide-dev] Survey results

As soon as people change any of the default compiler settings on a per project level, JDT will store all of the preferences in a file called 'org.eclipse.jdt.core.prefs'. So this file will include the non-changed values as well. You cannot tell whether it was an explicit decision if the value matches the default, but you know that at least it's a user who knows about per project preferences and cares changing and maintaining them.

So these users have definitely touched *some* defaults.

I think a good mix of such data, survey information and common sense will help to find which compiler checks should be enabled. I totally agree that there are some which should be turned on by default.