From:        Mickael Istria <mistria@xxxxxxxxxx>
To:        Ian Skerrett <ian.skerrett@xxxxxxxxxxx>, "'Discussions about the IDE'" <ide-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>, "'Lars Vogel'" <lars.vogel@xxxxxxxxx>, "'Daniel Megert'" <daniel_megert@xxxxxxxxxx>,
Date:        12/09/2013 09:13 AM
Subject:        Re: [ide-dev] Survey results
Sent by:        ide-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

On 12/09/2013 02:53 PM, Ian Skerrett wrote:
If you implement that change it will definitely annoy this minority.
And what about the majority?

Also, due to the nature of the change, my assumption is that a subset of people that said ‘yes’ did not appreciate the impact of the change so when it is implemented they will wish they had voted ‘no’.
We've all reworked the question several times to make it explicit. I thought we've agreed the question was good enough so that we could trust the outcome of the survey and turn it into a concrete action (Yes or No to all warnings). Why deciding to almost ignore the vote now? Or why even asking the question if it's to ignore 65% of "Yes" ?

65% of people have expressed they'd like all warnings. We've discussed that the survey and reaction to results would also be a way to encourage the community to give feedback. I think letting 35% of community decide of everything is not fair at all.

--
Mickael Istria
Eclipse developer at