Re: [ide-dev] Survey for IDE feature enhancements

On 11/27/2013 05:20 PM, Neil Hauge wrote:
Sure, most users stick with the default settings.  Having a good default is important.  That said, I'm skeptical on the survey's ability to provide a definitive answer to the question of what makes the best default settings.  I think the concept of having settings profiles as Martin suggested could be more useful in this regard, as it would make it easy to switch between multiple default preference schemes that could be logically oriented around the most common use cases.
Ok, I now understand what the suggestion is about (profiles).
It has been identified earlier that it's easy to change a preference, not easy to get code written. So in the end, default settings are the best we can do given what people are able to provide.

Profiles are a good idea. Is there a JDT bug existing to track this feature request?
--
Mickael Istria
Eclipse developer at JBoss, by Red Hat

Back to the top