This could easily be pushed down the page to make space for an IDE survey.

    Regards

        Ed Willink

On 18/11/2013 18:19, Doug Schaefer wrote:
We could put a link on the download page so all 3000000 of those users see it :)

From: Mickael Istria <mistria@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Monday, November 18, 2013 at 1:17 PM
To: "ide-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx" <ide-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [ide-dev] Getting feedback on IDE

On 11/18/2013 07:06 PM, Doug Schaefer wrote:
But I don’t think we need to put anything in the IDE. We just need a web page and some buzz around it, like a HackerNews mention or Slashdot article, and of course a bunch of tweets and other social media. Anything in the IDE will lead to our first survey: “Do the survey notices bother you?” :).
Creating buzz around a survey is not something easy. See the Eclipse Community Survey: there is much buzz around it, and it gets about 1000 answers every year, mostly from Eclipse contributors. Compared to the 3000000 downloads of Eclipse 4.3.1, it's probably not very representative.
Also, if we want continuous answers to the continuous flow of new questions, we must think about having users returning often on this poll mechanism. That's why I thought of integrating it in IDE.
--
Mickael Istria
Eclipse developer at JBoss, by Red Hat