Re: [ide-dev] Are feature requests contributions?

One way might be to organize and run frequent hackathons. Eclipse does run a lot of DemoCamp's, but these look to be more like education sessions than actually working on code. A real code fest would be a good way to not only address some of the many long outstanding bugs, but also give people the opportunity to work on the design and implementation of new features. Even if the feature wasn't actually completed, it would go a long way to providing a more substantial requirement than just 'I would like feature x'. The PTP project is running such an event as part of our User/Developer Workshop in September, but I would like to see a regular IDE hackathon for the platform.

Regards,
Greg