Re: [ice-dev] Handling loadInput in newly created items for tutorial

That sounds ok to me.

On Jul 13, 2016, at 2:00 PM, Billings, Jay Jay <billingsjj@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

Andrew,

Just put your code to read the file in another operation called loadDefaults() and call it from setupForm() for now. Then your template should work fine. That should be sufficient, right?

Jay

Jay Jay Billings
Oak Ridge National Laboratory
Twitter Handle: @jayjaybillings

From: ice-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx <ice-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx> on behalf of Andrew Bennett <bennett.andr@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, July 13, 2016 12:57 PM
To: ice developer discussions
Subject: [ice-dev] Handling loadInput in newly created items for tutorial

On GitHub Alex, Jay, and I have been discussing how we can correctly implement a way to load default data into a form (or rather, how it was being incorrectly handled previously).  While the incorrect way was convenient it could cause problems.  The correct version of the code, unfortunately, loses some functionality that was a key component of the tutorial during the item creation portion.  We need a new way to handle that ASAP.

My thoughts are we can ammend the tutorial docs to have the users import a data file when creating their new item, thus calling the loadInput method in the correct way.  This is not particularly more complex than what was previously being done, but I wanted to see if anyone has other thoughts on the matter.

Andrew