Re: [ice-dev] EASE problems

Greg,

Tracy Miranda brought that up on the EASE list. I spoke up too and CC'ed our list. Hopefully Christian will get back to us soon.

Jay

On Mon, Feb 29, 2016 at 10:46 AM, Greg Watson <greg@watson.earth> wrote:
Hi,

I’m trying to get the python sample scripts working with EASE, but have a few problems:

1. I installed “EASE Python Integration” using the Help>Install EASE Components menu
2. I can switch to the Scripting perspective and create a Jython Script Shell
3. I can run commands like “print ‘hello world’” and they work

However when I try Run > Run As > EASE Script for one of the example scripts, I get the following exception:

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/eclipse/ease/lang/python/PythonHelper
        at org.eclipse.ease.lang.python.jython.JythonScriptEngine.internalSetVariable(JythonScriptEngine.java:296)
        at org.eclipse.ease.AbstractScriptEngine.setVariable(AbstractScriptEngine.java:427)
        at org.eclipse.ease.AbstractScriptEngine.run(AbstractScriptEngine.java:215)
        at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:55)

I’ve done a bit of digging, and it looks like EASE 0.2 is installed in ICE, but the org.eclipse.ease.python.jython feature is 0.3.

Unfortunately, I can’t seem to find a 0.3 version of EASE or a 0.2 version of the jython feature.

Anybody have any suggestions?

Thanks,
Greg