Re: [ice-dev] Removing unused plugins

​This sounds fine to me.

Robert

From: ice-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx <ice-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx> on behalf of Andrew Bennett <bennett.andr@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, December 21, 2015 1:02 PM
To: ice developer discussions
Subject: Re: [ice-dev] Removing unused plugins

I'm also cool with this.

Andrew

On Mon, Dec 21, 2015 at 6:03 AM, McCaskey, Alex <mccaskeyaj@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
That’s all cool with me. +1

Alex

On Dec 21, 2015, at 8:41 AM, Jay Jay Billings <jayjaybillings@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Everyone,

I am on a mission to clean up our source tree and drop support for things we don't use before our upcoming releases. Last night I removed all of our C++ code. I would like to remove:

*Everything associated with the Reactor Analyzer except Plant-level support. These pieces are unused and we barely remember how to use them. We need to keep Plant-level support for now because it supports RELAP-7, a MOOSE application.

*HDF5 support. No one is using it. It complicates our build and our release process. We can bring it back later if and when we need it.

*org.eclipse.ice.analysistool. Completely and totally unused.

*Sassena support. This was some prototype bundle support that Alex did pro bono. It is unused and there are no plans to support it.

Does anyone object? Does anyone have anything else to add to this list? Apologies to Robert who spent the past few weeks working on the Reactor bundles!

I can't delete all of this and call it a day. There are some practical concerns that I need to investigate first. I want to make sure that no one objects though so that I can dump the last three items and then slowly carve up the Reactor Analyzer bundles.

Please let me know by the end of the day.

Jay

--
Jay Jay Billings
Oak Ridge National Laboratory