Re: [ice-dev] Check out test omission in Luna branch?

I already have that installed in my stuff. I really think Java 8 is to blame.

Jay

On Jan 13, 2015 4:00 PM, "Wojtowicz, Anna" <wojtowicza@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

I needed to install the SWTBot plugin in Eclipse to get it to work. Not sure if that’s relevant/helpful.

Anna

From: ice-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:ice-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Jay Jay Billings
Sent: Tuesday, January 13, 2015 3:58 PM
To: ice developer discussions
Subject: Re: [ice-dev] Check out test omission in Luna branch?

Jordan,

OK. I'll try it again later. It could be because I am trying to build with Java 8.

Thanks for checking this out!

Jay

On Jan 13, 2015 3:36 PM, "Jordan Deyton" <deytonjh@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

Jay,

I just reverted it to the previous code that simulates mouse clicks. It was the only instance in the test class where SWTBot was used (subsequent SWTBot calls would always fail).

I couldn't get the test code to fail after switching the branch and the target platform. I tried it with the commented code, with the commented code uncommented, or with the change I made.

Frankly, I'm not sure if it's worth investing so much time into figuring out the intricacies of SWTBot given my current workload, so I just took out the SWTBot code. However, everything should still call the current Display in order to run on the UI thread as necessary.

Basically what I was doing in the tests was making sure that (1) the AnalysisToolComposite's ToolBar and its dropdown menus were being populated and enabled/disabled correctly, something that SWTBot can't do very well, and (2) the proper AnalysisViews were brought to the front by clicking those dropdown menu items, something that SWTBot could potentially do.

Jordan

Jordan Deyton
Oak Ridge National Laboratory
Telephone: (865) 574-1091