[glassfish-dev] MicroProfile REST Client in GlassFish

Hi all,

When I investigated how GlassFish could support MicroProfile REST Client, I realized that Jersey already implements it out of the box. I tried to add the Jersey module that implements it and it works pretty well.

I raised a PR to add the MP REST Client module from Jersey to provide MicroProfile REST Client 3.0:

https://github.com/eclipse-ee4j/glassfish/pull/24470

I think it's a great addition to GlassFish, especially since it was almost no effort to integrate it and it doesn't bring many dependencies (the Jersey implementation is only 120 KB, plus a few more KB for the jersey proxy JAR and MP API JAR).

What do you think? Should we add MP REST Client from Jersey to GlassFish?

All the best,
Ondro Mihalyi

Director, Jakarta EE expert
OmniFish - Jakarta EE Consulting & Support | www.omnifish.ee
Omnifish OÜ, Narva mnt 5, 10117 Tallinn, Estonia | VAT: EE102487932

Back to the top