Re: [glassfish-dev] Will GlassFish 7.0 support running on Java SE 17?

On 5/5/22 12:52 PM, Scott Marlow wrote:

On 5/5/22 10:33 AM, arjan tijms wrote:
Hi,

On Thu, May 5, 2022 at 4:09 PM Scott Marlow <smarlow@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Can you try to set the following options and then rerun the TCK to see if it works?

Thanks, I am trying this now via https://github.com/scottmarlow/jakartaee-tck/tree/gfjdk17

Hmmm, that may not work, as it looks like that sets those options in GF's domain.xml, where they are already present.

In this case the options need to be set inside the test runner in the TCK, which is the location where "ExecTSTestCmd" is called.
I'm trying to update the ts.jte locally where the ExecTSTestCmd is called.

Updating each use of ExecTSTestCmd  in the ts.jte locally seemed to work locally:

   --add-opens=java.base/java.io=ALL-UNNAMED --add-opens=java.base/java.lang=ALL-UNNAMED --add-opens=java.base/java.util=ALL-UNNAMED --add-opens=java.base/sun.net.www.protocol.jrt=ALL-UNNAMED --add-opens=java.naming/javax.naming.spi=ALL-UNNAMED --add-opens=java.rmi/sun.rmi.transport=ALL-UNNAMED --add-opens=jdk.management/com.sun.management.internal=ALL-UNNAMED --add-exports=java.naming/com.sun.jndi.ldap=ALL-UNNAMED

Next we just need a way to pass ^ in or update the ts.jte from https://github.com/eclipse-ee4j/jakartaee-tck/blob/master/docker/run_jakartaeetck.sh like we do for other settings (only when running with Java SE 17).

Scott

Kind regards,
Arjan Tijms

Back to the top