Re: [glassfish-dev] [External] : Re: How to build glassfish in less than an hour?

Hi,

Yes, you are right, that would absolutely make a perfectly fine addition to the readme.

We may also need to rethink what we have as defaults. One other thing that adds to the build time is that we build Embedded again. The con here is obviously extra time, but in the period that we didn't build it by default the Embedded distro was severely neglected up to the point it didn't even work anymore.

There's a few other things worth considering. We now painstakingly build javatest.jar, since it's not available in Maven Central (or any other repo). An alternative would be to make sure this is available in Maven Central.

Kind regards,
Arjan

On Wed, Nov 3, 2021 at 10:35 PM Lukas Jungmann <lukas.jungmann@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi,

On 11/3/21 5:54 PM, arjan tijms wrote:
> Hi,
>
> The easiest option, which we could opt to make a default (or some
> variant of it), is the -Pfastest in combination with parallel building.
>
> e.g.
>
> mvn clean install -Pfastest -T10

an average Joe (=me :-) ) reads the README at most (should he ever find
it), asking him to read man pages or know the tools (especially -?
option which can become very handy) is often too much...

Would it make sense to put this info to the project's readme?

thanks,
--lukas