[glassfish-dev] How to enable elliptic curve extension when handshaking with an external system over TLS?

Hello,

I'm wondering if anyone has run into this issue.  My Java application is running in Glassfish 5.0.  It attempted to connect with an external system over TLS.  However, the ClientHello failed with handshake_failure exception, due to the missing elliptic curve extension.  The underling Java is version 1.8.0_144-b01.  The interesting part is that I externalized the module which calls the external system into a standalone Java application, running on the same machine (ubuntu) and the same Java version.  It ran successfully.  The ClientHello correctly contains the elliptic curve extension and the handshake completed successfully.  Any insight is greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

Back to the top