Re: [glassfish-dev] More Frequent Releases for Branch 5.1

Hi,

On Sun, May 24, 2020 at 10:11 AM Gurkan Erdogdu <cgurkanerdogdu@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi
As I look, there is only one release of 5.1 branch at January 2019.  My questions :
  • Is this branch dead? (I don't think so but just confirm)

Not entirely indeed. Fujitsu plans to release at least a JDK 11 version for it.

  • Why don't we have more frequent release of this branch?

The simple answer is resources. We'd plain and simply would need more people who contribute regularly to the project.

  • Is it possible to release at least quarterly?

The follows from the above. I'm afraid this is not feasible at the moment. If you and/or other volunteers woud step in that would surely be possible, but at the moment I'm afraid it's not.

I think this branch is the most stable branch used in most production systems.
  • What is the procedure of releasing a new version of 5.1 branch?
  • Is there any documentation to run TCK on Glassfish?
The TCK project itself contains documentation that essentially explains how to run it against Glassfish. All other implementations need to adapt to that, but for Glassfish you can pretty much follow the basics.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,
Arjan Tijms

Regards.