Re: [glassfish-dev] [jakartaee-platform-dev] Removing Jakarta Enterprise Web Services, JSR 109 from GlassFish or not?

On 5/12/20 6:57 PM, Steve Millidge (Payara) wrote:
Not sure how we missed that one.

.... jsr109-impl (for now) requires javax.servlet[1] as well as jakarta.servlet to build to avoid having broken build. I don't recall details right now but I think there was some call from ejb container to jsr109 which was passing some httpsession or something like that...

--lukas

[1]: https://github.com/eclipse-ee4j/glassfish/blob/master/appserver/webservices/jsr109-impl/pom.xml#L109

*From:*jakartaee-platform-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx <jakartaee-platform-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx> *On Behalf Of *arjan tijms
*Sent:* 12 May 2020 17:48
*To:* Lukas Jungmann <lukas.jungmann@xxxxxxxxxx>
*Cc:* glassfish developer discussions <glassfish-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>; jakartaee-platform developer discussions <jakartaee-platform-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx> *Subject:* Re: [jakartaee-platform-dev] Removing Jakarta Enterprise Web Services, JSR 109 from GlassFish or not?

Hi,

On Tue, May 12, 2020 at 5:42 PM Lukas Jungmann <lukas.jungmann@xxxxxxxxxx <mailto:lukas.jungmann@xxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

    IMHO it is less work to keep it there and update it - and I believe it
    is already done - then remove it.

Currently jsr109-impl in GlassFish uses the javax.* packages still, so with the jakarta-ized Grizzly it doesn't compile.

E.g. this one would not compile:

public class EjbWSAdapter extends ServletHandler {

     public EjbWSAdapter() {

         super(new EjbWSServletConfig(new WebappContext("EjbWSAdapter")));

         this.setServletInstance(new EjbWebServiceServlet());

         try {

             this.servletInstance.init(getServletConfig());

         } catch (Exception ignored) {

         }

     }

I'll look at staging Grizzly 3.0.0-M1 and then integrate and update jsr109-impl at the same time (hoping Metro will play along).

Kind regards,

Arjan

    thanks,
    --lukas