Re: [geowave-dev] Ingest shapefile from Java API

Our integration tests do a lot of programmatic ingest.  Here is our programmatic ingest of shapefiles or anything supported by that pluggable ingest format under the current API:
Example of local shapefile ingest
Example of mapreduce gpx ingest

Unfortunately at this time we don't wrap the commandline tool with a very clean java API interface...yet. A revamp of our commandline tools is one of the bigger tasks associated with 0.9.1 (issue #546).  We plan to document a proposed approach on our wiki and work from there.  The DataStore interface is the main API, but it is completely decoupled from format parsers.  These format plugins hook directly into our ingest framework (right now exposed through commandline tools).

It wouldn't be much effort to wrap calls to GeoWaveMain with some syntactic sugar, but this is going to be rolled into a significant commandline tool undertaking that is moving all of our commons-cli library usage to the jcommander library.

Rich