Re: [geowave-dev] Ingest example data

Hi Jose,
We did roll a 0.9.0 release this weekend, and are working updated documentation and release notes to match it.  I was going to send an email soon to this list with release notes, but overall there are some fairly significant changes.

Regarding your issue, the backend datastore is now completely pluggable with only 'accumulo' and 'memory' being the existing implementations but more are coming soon.  The commandline utility resolves the options to match a datastore implementation and it is actually resolving to the memory datastore in your case because the names of the accumulo options changed in 0.9.0.  It is now "-zookeeper" "-instance" "-user" and "-password" to be a little more distinct instead of "-z" "-i" "-u" and "-p".  Also "-n" changed to "-gwNamespace".  You can explicitly define your datastore that you want to bind to with "-datastore accumulo" to guarantee that for example a typo in the options doesn't give you unexpected results.  Furthermore you can get reasonable help for that specific datastore with "-datastore accumulo --help" if you need to discover what options are available for the datastore.  We will be coming out with a fairly significantly changed commandline tool as we work towards 0.9.1 to make this pluggable datastore concept a bit more intuitive with interacting with the commandline.  In the meantime, we will document these changes.

So, no you didn't make a silly mistake, it was our mistake that you were able to catch us right after these changes were released but before they're well documented.

Let us know if something like this works for you:
java -cp "geowave/deploy/target/geowave-deploy-0.9.1-SNAPSHOT-tools.jar:geowave/extensions/formats/geotools-vector/target/geowave-format-vector-0.9.1-SNAPSHOT.jar" mil.nga.giat.geowave.core.cli.GeoWaveMain -localingest -b ./ingest -gwNamespace geowave.50m_admin_0_countries -f geotools-vector -datastore accumulo -instance accumulo -user geowave -password XXXXXXX -zookeeper localhost:2181

Rich