Re: [geomesa-users] Questions on Geomesa version

Hello,

1. I am not entirely sure - I think you'd have to try it out to see. GeoMesa 1.3.x was built against HBase 1.2 and should definitely work. GeoMesa 2.x bumped that up to HBase 1.3, but it may still work with 1.2, although I don't think any effort was made to do so. If you try it and find out one way or another, let us know and we can update the documentation.

2. I believe that the UDFs are exposed both directly and through spark SQL. This may be wrong, but in 1.3 I think you can import `org.apache.spark.sql.SQLSpatialFunctions._` to get them in scope.

Thanks,

Emilio