Re: [geomesa-users] Spatial index optimization

Hi,

Thanks again for your answer. I have already read that document, I may try to modify the resolution to see if there is any significant impact in my case.
Thanks for the ZX index explanation.

José.

Hi José,

If you're indexing points, then the XZ index will not be used - it's only for geometries with extents (line strings, polygons, etc).

That said, I'm not sure that anyone has played around much with the resolution level. We picked a default value that seemed to work well with various data sets in our testing, but left it exposed as a configuration option in case people wanted to change it.

It's pretty mathy, but the resolution is the 'g' variable in the XZ algorithm: http://www.dbs.ifi.lmu.de/Publikationen/Papers/SSD-XZ-Order.final.pdf

It is essentially the level of recursion we use when splitting up the grid.

Thanks,

Emilio