Re: [geomesa-users] 3d pointclouds

Hi Kris,

It should be possible to use GeoMesa for pointcloud data.  The traditional way to get data into GeoMesa is via the GeoTools datastore API; if you use that, each point would end up being a SimpleFeature.  (Alternatively, you could store a bundle of clustered points together and do some fiddling in your application.)

As an alternative, one could use the newer GeoMesa native API to store collections of LIDAR points.

Either of these approaches would require a little elbow grease.  If you're interested, I'd be happy in discussing it further.

Cheers,

Jim