From: geomesa-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:geomesa-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Chris Eichelberger
Sent: Wednesday, May 06, 2015 3:02 PM
To: Geomesa User discussions
Subject: Re: [geomesa-users] Ingesting Polygons into GeoMesa

Jon,

Yes, GeoMesa can ingest and query non-point geometries.  If you are ingesting data from text files, for example, you can embed the well-known text (WKT) representation directly.  For example,
"POLYGON(-79 38, -79 39, -78 39, -78 38, -79 38)".

You just need to be sure that your simple feature type declares the geometry column to be an appropriate type.  The default "Geometry" will contain any of these, but you may want to be more specific, and declare it as type "Polygon", which is also supported.

I hope this helps; if not, please just write again.

Thanks!

Sincerely,
  -- Chris