Re: [geomesa-dev] Geomesa + BigTable QuickStart

Hi Babu,

Absolutely!  I've created a Jira account for you; let me know if you have any questions for that.  Feel free to raise tickets as you see fit.  We are working toward releasing the next minor version of GeoMesa, and such a tutorial would be a great benefit!

For contributions to LocationTech GeoMesa, there is a little paperwork with Eclipse to sort out; details are here (1).

Eclipse/LocationTech have some rules about exactly what code we can distribute, etc.  The GeoMesa tutorials project (2) is a GeoMesa community project which isn't governed by Eclipse.  It may be the case that a Cloud Bigtable quickstart would work better there.

In order to present a great user experience, the documentation at geomesa.org provides details for both LocationTech GeoMesa capabilities and those from community modules.  It may make sense to contribute to both projects.

I'd be happy to set up a time to discuss the details about contributing.

Cheers,

Jim

1.  https://github.com/locationtech/geomesa/blob/master/CONTRIBUTING.md
2.  https://github.com/geomesa/geomesa-tutorials/