Re: [geomesa-dev] How to use HBase as datastore in GeoMesa?

Hi Jessica,

Our HBase support is new, and we haven't documented it very well, so sorry for that. In order to use it, you would need the 'geomesa-hbase-datastore' jar on your classpath, which is available here:

(if you're not using maven you will need the dependent jars as well, which are described in the pom).

You also need to have your hbase-site.xml on your classpath.

Once you have those two things, you can get an HBase data store using the GeoTools DataStoreFinder, passing in a map with the parameter "bigtable.table.name" and the name of the table you want to store your data in.

If you are using GeoServer, we have a module you can build to install there as well. It looks like currently that is not being published, but you can build it from source following the readme here:

Thanks,

Emilio