Re: [gemoc-dev] [GEMOC] Moving older releases and milstones to archive.eclipse.org

Dear Didier,

The choice (imposed by Eclipse?) to only have a short term URL for the latest milestone is very tough and damaging. The usual scenario is to initially communicate on the latest milestone (yes, we are proud of the latest feature, and happy to communicate on it), and then this communication remains over the time. However, the latest milestone become eventually the non latest, meaning now the URL is not anymore valid.

In conclusion, it’s not anymore possible to communicate (i.e. archival materials such as slides, articles, tutorials, etc.) on the latest milestone…

I do not think this can be acceptable, and need a deeper discussion on the topics, such as we can have sustainable URLs (why not putting directly on archive.eclipse.org? Or to manage redirect? Or?). In the meantime, this imposes us to only communicate about <gemoc.org/studio + version> to keep sustainable the information we provide.

All the best,
benoit