[gemoc-dev] File modifications in GEMOC engines

Hi,

I’m working on a new execution engine for the GEMOC studio. It seems to be working well, though I have had to be a bit rough in integrating it in some places. One problem I have, at the moment, however, is figuring out which resource to modify and whose responsibility it is to save that resource and when. As a result, I get some strange effects:

1.       I have chosen to use executionContext.getResourceModel() as the resource to modify, but have found out that that is not the resource in the new execution workspace, but rather the original model file. It does seem to be, however, the resource for which the corresponding Sirius diagram is opened. So my first question is: Should I open that resource or should I use executionWorkSpace.getModelPath to find and load the copied resource?

2.       When I have run my program, I see the results in the Model Explorer. However, these results don’t seem to have been saved to the actual resource on disk: the Sirius diagram has not been updated and if I open the model file directly in its tree editor, I see only the original contents. So, my second question is: should I expect the resource to be saved automatically or is my execution engine expected to do so? If so, when am I expected to do any saves?

Any suggestions would be most welcome…

Many thanks,

Steffen

Dr. rer. nat. Steffen Zschaler AHEA