[gemini-dev] OSGi Testing?

Recently Mike did an informal survey and found that most in Gemini are using the Spring OSGi test framework for unit testing.  I've looked at the Spring OSGi test framework previously and had developed some extensions to "de-mavenize" it, but did not have time to deal with the biggest issue that I faced in migrating hundreds of EclipseLink JPA tests to OSGi which was the requirement to subclass a Spring OSGi TestCase class.   The existing EclipseLink JPA tests will need to run both inside and outside OSGi so we can't simply reparent all those tests.

Does anyone know if there is support for wrapping existing tests and using a delegation model for executing them in OSGi?  Would it be difficult to add support for this?

    Thanks for the help,
        Shaun
--
Oracle
Shaun Smith | Principal Product Manager

Green
          Oracle Oracle is committed to developing practices and products that help protect the environment

Back to the top