[etrice-dev] if Eclipse fails to start with resource problem...

Hi all,

yesterday my computer suffered a blue screen crash. After that starting Eclipse with my current workspace failed with an error message saying that some resource was missing and pointed me to the log file.

The log shows an exception which says something like this

Caused by: org.eclipse.core.internal.dtree.ObjectNotFoundException: Tree element '/csc_212_project_2' not found.

As a resolution of this problem I found that
deleting the file .metadata/.plugins/org.eclipse.core.resources/.snap
should help - which did it in my case.

Other people recommended even deleting all .snap files in the metadata
find . -type f -name "*.snap" | xargs rm

(see http://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/t/156204/)

Thought this might be useful...

-Henrik

Back to the top