[etrice-dev] Status of cpp code generator

Hi developers,
I just wanted to let you know how far I have come until now. The last weeks I could make some slow but steady progress and today I could for the first time _build_ an executable from a simple model, with all the generators in place (protocol, data class, actor, subsystem, subsytem runner).  That doesn't mean that the executable already does anything, but that's the next step.

There are some topics that I worked around which require more attention in the next step or later.
Here is my todo list:

- building attribute initializer lists: in cpp I don't want to create instances of data classes on the heap, but instead I would like to initialize those attributes in the constructor. -> would be good to get some generic support here

- building the state machine code: in cpp I have to split up the generated code into .h and .cpp file, for example I need the member function declarations in the header and the implementation in the code. This is currently not supported by the generic generator -> I think we need support here similar to operation-generation functions

- Message pooling: efficient allocation scheme for Messages is still needed

- Threading: Question is which library to base it onto. My favorite would be to use boost and later switch to C++11 threads

- Unittests: For the runtime and for the generator itself. On which test framework should the cpp-runtime tests be based.

- Modellib:	 Not started yet

Hope this gives a picture of the current status. I'm happy about any suggestions how to continue, especially to test the code.
Best regards,
Peter

Dr. Peter Karlitschek

Senior Software Engineer
R&D Software Algorithms and Applications

Dräger Medical GmbH
Moislinger Allee 53─55
23558 Lübeck, Germany
Tel  +49 451 882-5076
Fax +49 451 882-75076
peter.karlitschek@xxxxxxxxxxx
www.draeger.com

Dräger. Technology for Life ®

Sitz der Gesellschaft/Registered office: Lübeck; Handelsregister/Commercial register: Amtsgericht/Local court Lübeck HRB 4358 HL;
Geschäftsführer/General manager: Stefan Dräger (Vors./chairm.), Dr. Herbert Fehrecke, Andreas Frahm, Gert-Hartwig Lescow, Anton Schrofner

---
This communication contains confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient please return this email to the sender and delete it from your records.

Diese Nachricht enthaelt vertrauliche Informationen. Sollten Sie nicht der beabsichtigte Empfaenger dieser E-mail sein, senden Sie bitte diese an den Absender zurueck und loeschen Sie die E-mail aus Ihrem System.

Back to the top