From:        Derek Baum <derek@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date:        05/19/2016 04:30 PM
Subject:        Re: [equinox-dev] security exceptions using Felix config admin        withEquinox
Sent by:        equinox-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

I'm not using anyPermission Admin Service; the SecurityManager is set using:

if (System.getSecurityManager() == null) {
    System.setSecurityManager(newSecurityManager());
}

with the java.security.policySystem property pointing to the security policy file.

I guess if I switched to using Conditional Permission Admin instead, then this problem wouldn’t occur,
because the Equinox ProtectionDomain would be constructed with explicit Permissions from Permission Admin?

I only set a Security Manager, because it is required by RMI; I have not defined a fine-grained security policy - it grants AllPermission,
so I don’t really want to run and configure Permission Admin just to make this work on Equinox.

I’m also exploring using the Equinox config admin, as this doesn’t create a new AccessControlContext using the classes ProtectionDomain,
so avoids the issue.

BJ’s suggestion of changing Felix config admin to use the one-arg doPrivileged() method seems reasonable and would also resolve the issue.

Derek