Re: [equinox-dev] Equinox Server Target and Product

org.eclipse.equinox.http has been removed and replaced by the jetty backed implementation org.eclipse.equinox.http.jetty

Since the Juno release we no longer maintain our own web container implementation for the OSGi Http Service implementation.

Tom

From:        <DHilsbos@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To:        <equinox-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date:        03/09/2016 04:36 PM
Subject:        [equinox-dev] Equinox Server Target and Product
Sent by:        equinox-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

All;

First off, if this is the wrong mailing list for this, then I apologize.

I'm trying to build an HTTP application on top of Equinox (as a server platform).

To that end, I'm trying to create a minimal starting point target definition, and a minimal starting point product definition.

I'm working partly from
http://www.amazon.com/OSGi-Equinox-Creating-Modular-Systems/dp/0321585712/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1457562254&sr=1-1&keywords=equinox+osgiand http://www.amazon.com/Eclipse-RCP-complete-application-development/dp/3943747077/ref=sr_1_2?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1457562289&sr=1-2&keywords=Eclipse+RCP(to a lesser extent).

Here are the problems I've run into:

I can't locate a functional Equinox SDK p2 to give to my target definition.
The zip file available from
http://download.eclipse.org/equinox/drops/R-Mars.2-201602121500/index.phpisn't seen as a p2 repository by Eclipse Mars.
I've worked around this by pointing my target at the full Eclipse p2 repo
http://download.eclipse.org/releases/mars/, but navigating that is a pain.

I can't seem to find org.eclipse.equinox.http, has it been replaced, moved, etc.?

It seem like this should be easier, but I can't find it...

Dominic Hilsbos
Director - Information Technology
Perform Air International Inc.