Re: [equinox-dev] Uses conflicts gone after "eclipse -clean":Why?

Neil is correct, but if you are looking for a way to have p2 do this automatically I am not aware an option to do that.  So you would have to write your own bit of code that can do this.

Tom

Inactive hide details for Neil Bartlett ---04/04/2014 08:04:01 AM---Yes, check out the Bundle Wiring API specification (chapterNeil Bartlett ---04/04/2014 08:04:01 AM---Yes, check out the Bundle Wiring API specification (chapter 7 of the core spec).

From: Neil Bartlett <njbartlett@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: 04/04/2014 08:04 AM
Subject: Re: [equinox-dev] Uses conflicts gone after "eclipse -clean":Why?

Yes, check out the Bundle Wiring API specification (chapter 7 of the core spec).

Specifically the FrameworkWiring.refreshBundles() method can be used to force refresh and re-resolution of a subset of bundles.

Regards,
Neil

On Fri, Apr 4, 2014 at 1:45 PM, Andreas Sewe <andreas.sewe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
    Hi all,

    > The point is that in OSGi, resolution proceeds from the current wiring
    > state, and sometimes a set of bundles would fail with a uses-constraint
    > violation if installed on the top of the current wiring state. However
    > if you're prepared to break apart and rewire the existing state, then a
    > solution can often be found.

    is there a way to force a rewiring upon an install of a bundle/feature?
    We have a very nasty bundle upgrade problem that runs into uses
    conflicts as another bundle (org.eclipse.m2e.maven.runtime)
    overzealously claims that it exports version 0.0.0 of many, many
    packages, some of which we require in a specific, different version.

    Best wishes,

    Andreas

    --
    Codetrails UG (haftungsbeschränkt)