Re: [equinox-dev] State of Gerrit jobs

Turning it off guarantees it won't be kept up.‎ Verification jobs have saved my ass a number of times now. They are definitely worth spending time on.

Sent from my BlackBerry 10 smartphone on the Rogers network.
  Original Message
From: Gunnar Wagenknecht
Sent: Saturday, March 15, 2014 7:33 PM
To: equinox-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Reply To: Equinox development mailing list
Subject: [equinox-dev] State of Gerrit jobs

Hi Equinox Team,

I pushed a review to Gerrit today (https://git.eclipse.org/r/23434).
This triggered a build job which seems to be in an un-maintained state,
i.e. it fails with some (very long) p2 resolution problems on unrelated
bundles. I think this is a very bad situation for contributors. As a
result, the Gerrit trigger downvotes the review.

It doesn't seem to be a common practise to use Gerrit on a daily basis
by all committers. I'd like to propose to disable the job until there
is committment to keep it maintained in good shape.

-Gunnar

--
Gunnar Wagenknecht
gunnar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx