2) Use resolver hooks to disable the bundles you don't want to allow to resolve

2 is actually pretty hard to achieve without timing issues.  Your checker bundle would have to come up and notice that the unwanted bundles are resolved, it then could decide to register a ResolverHook that prevents the unwanted bundle from resolving and then for a refresh of the unwanted bundle.  This would force the unwanted bundle into the INSTALLED state, but would also force any bundles that were wired to the unwanted bundle to get refreshed and potentially re-resolved against the bundles you want.  Or you could just uninstall the bundles you don't want and refresh.

Tom

Inactive hide details for Andrew Eisenberg ---04/11/2013 01:12:16 PM---OK.  Just tried something like this.  The problem is thaAndrew Eisenberg ---04/11/2013 01:12:16 PM---OK.  Just tried something like this.  The problem is that by the time the downstream bundle gets int

From: Andrew Eisenberg <andrew@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Neil Bartlett <njbartlett@xxxxxxxxx>,
Date: 04/11/2013 01:12 PM
Subject: Re: [equinox-dev] Choosing which version of a bundle to start after the workbench starts

OK.  Just tried something like this.  The problem is that by the time the downstream bundle gets into its start method, and tries to stop all of the unwanted versions of the non-singleton bundle, a bunch of wiring has already been done.  And there are other bundles out there that have already wired themselves to the 2.0 version instead of the 1.8 version.  I'll dig a bit deeper to see if this is just a matter of timing (ie- maybe I'm choosing the wrong downstream bundle to execute stop() in).