[equinox-dev] patching strategy for OSGI bundles

I was really curious of what is the practiced strategy used for OSGI bundles.  Currently, the way I'm doing it is simply exporting the jar file of the bundle then install it under the "plugins" directory of the product.  Then I would access the console and stop and start the service.

If it is a new jar that replaces an older one I would "uninstall" the old file from the console, the "install" the new jar.

If it is a complete overhaul, I export the entire binary from eclipse and replace the existing directory with the new directory I created and then "stop" console and execute the binary.

any thoughts?

Back to the top