Re: [equinox-dev] Equinox relaunch

To be clear, the shutdown -> init -> launch commands are not spec'ed. They are equinox console commands of which init -> launch are only possible because the console is currently built into Equinox. Once we refactor the console out into a separate bundle, shutting down the framework will also shutdown the console and leave you with a shutdown framework and now way to relaunch it unless you have a launcher that will do it somehow.

But you question is still valid. In my opinion the start level should be set back to 1 after running the launch command (or to the beginning start level configuration option). From command line you can set this with the command "setfwsl X" with X being the start-level you want the framework set back to. You should probably open a bug to capture this, but I don't think we will be able to do much in the long run since we plan to extract the console out into a separate bundle. This is the work Lazar has been doing in the incubator.

Tom

Inactive hide details for "Todorova, Katya" ---09/24/2011 08:30:04 AM---Hi guys,"Todorova, Katya" ---09/24/2011 08:30:04 AM---Hi guys,

"Todorova, Katya" <katya.todorova@xxxxxxx>

09/24/2011 08:30 AM

[equinox-dev] Equinox relaunch

Hi guys,

What's the expected behavior of calling consecutively framework shutdown -> init -> launch?
I tried doing it command line and the equinox's final state is "starting" (sl is 0). Shouldn't it be "active" (at sl 1) according to the spec?

Thanks,
Katya