[equinox-dev] Incubating product/feature publishing improvements

After some discussion, we have decided to create a work area in the equinox incubator to work on improving the p2 support for publishing features and products.  We are doing this work in the incubator to better facilitate others participating.

The goal here is to unify the p2 and PDE (and other) publishing implementations to make a single, robust, easily consumed publishing mechanism for features and products. This should address a number of concerns around non-PDE build production of features and products.  For more details, see Bug 331974.  This should be a relatively short-term effort with a goal of getting changes into the mainstream by 3.7M6 if not earlier.

The work will be carried out in the existing Equinox incubator in CVS at
org.eclipse.equinox/incubator/p2/publishing

This area will be primed with a copy of p2.publishing and pde.build (and the related tests).

If you are interested in working on this effort, please make yourself and your particular concerns known on the p2-dev mailing list. From previous conversations Brian de Alwis has some contributions and I'll start an election for him as an equinox incubator contributor presently.

Jeff

Back to the top