Re: [equinox-dev] Is there a way to capture BundleExceptions?

Hi!
Thank you for your reply!

I have tried it, but I don't get FrameworkEvents for bundles not resolved due to missing constraints. To unsure I was registering the listener as soon as possible I created an AdaptorHook and registered the listener on the system bundle context within the startFramework method. I got one BundleException due to missing classpath entry for one of the bundles:
org.osgi.framework.BundleException: The bundle class path entry "runtime_registry_compatibility.jar" could not be found for the bundle "reference:file:/D:/eclipse/plugins/org.eclipse.equinox.registry_3.5.0.v20100503.jar"

...but for all non-resolved bundles there were not events raised.

I saw for example in Equinox's log entries like:

!MESSAGE Bundle reference:file:/D:/Scitec/automation/old tests/Target Platform/Third Party Plugins/plugins/org.hibernate_3.3.0.jar was not resolved.
!SUBENTRY 2 org.hibernate 2 0 2010-08-16 11:36:28.475
!MESSAGE Missing required bundle antlr_2.7.6.

Which I caused on purpose by removing bundle antlr_2.7.6 to test this error listening mechanisms. For this and other problems there were no framework events generated.

Any other ideas? I'll keep trying and will let you know if I find the answer, but at this point I'm running out of ideas where to look at.

Thank you!
Eduardo Born

 I was able to capture one BundleException