Re: [equinox-dev] org.osgi.framework.FrameworkUtil.getBundle(Class) method, where is it?

This is a good question for the equinox forum:

http://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php?t=thread&frm_id=31&

In the forum you should elaborate on what you mean by "cannot use it"? You get errors using it, or you are using an older version of OSGi/Equinox, or what?

John

"Kashtan, Daniel" <Daniel.Kashtan@xxxxxxx>

06/30/2010 03:07 PM

Please respond to

"equinox-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx" <equinox-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
Subject
[equinox-dev] org.osgi.framework.FrameworkUtil.getBundle(Class) method, where is it?

Hey all,

I am trying to access my BundleContext so I can use a service outside my activator. I found that OSGI 4.2 has a method org.osgi.framework.FrameworkUtil.getBundle(Class), but I cannot use it in my project. I am using Equinox 3.6 and this link, http://download.eclipse.org/eclipse/downloads/drops/R-3.5-200906111540/eclipse-news-part3.html, appears to say that it has been available since 3.5.2.

Can anybody help me figure out how to use this method? Other alternatives are welcome too. The only other option I've seen is to make a static reference to the BundleContext in the Activator, which seems kinda ugly :(

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it may be proprietary and are intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this e-mail in error please notify the sender.
Please note that any views or opinions presented in this e-mail are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of ITT Corporation. The recipient should check this e-mail and any attachments for the presence of viruses. ITT accepts no liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this e-mail.