Re: [equinox-dev] Configuring a log file in order to save the logging information

Hi David,
For the OSGi Log Service there is no default behaviour for writing out log messages; you need to register a "LogListener" to listen for and log messages.
A very simple LogListener might just write messages directly to System.err or System.out but you could also write to a File without much work. A more sophisticated LogListener might use Log4J or LogBack to further filter and pretty print messages.

HTH
-Simon

Inactive hide details for "David Conde" ---06/23/2009 05:47:11 AM---Hi,"David Conde" ---06/23/2009 05:47:11 AM---Hi,

"David Conde" <dconde@xxxxxxxx>

06/23/2009 05:47 AM

[equinox-dev] Configuring a log file in order to save the logging information

Sent by:

equinox-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

Hi,

I wonder if it is possible to save the logging information from Log Service (OSGI) in a file which is configurable by the developer, instead of showing the logging information in Console. I have been Reading Log Service Apis and I did not find any way to change the output for the logging information. Could I save the logging information in a text file instead of showing by Console?

Thank you in advance

equinox-dev mailing list
equinox-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx