Re: [equinox-dev] Support for the console in Equinox

We have had a long time desire to remove the console from the framework. It adds a bit of bulk and is not needed in many scenarios. As such we are not doing much to enhance the console at this time. When an implementation becomes available for RFC 147 we would prefer this to be a separate bundle. Once that is done the trick is to figure out how to support the old -console option in Equinox ;-)

If you are interested in implementing RFC 147 in Equinox perhaps we should start an incubator project to get started?

Tom

Inactive hide details for "Kirchev, Lazar" ---04/28/2009 01:30:43 AM---Hello,"Kirchev, Lazar" ---04/28/2009 01:30:43 AM---Hello,

"Kirchev, Lazar" <l.kirchev@xxxxxxx>

<equinox-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

04/28/2009 01:30 AM

[equinox-dev] Support for the console in Equinox

Hello,

I would like to ask what will happen to FrameworkConsole after the Commind Line Interface is placed in a separate service (according to RFC 147)? Will FrameworkConsole remain in the framework or not? We are currently using the console remotely (via telnet), and it is not very user-friendly - it lacks features such as recognizing backspace, del, moving forward and backward, history. If the FrameworkConsole remains in the framework, may we provide a patch adding these features to it?

Kind regards,
equinox-dev mailing list
equinox-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx