RE: [equinox-dev] Autostarting Bundles

I suggest you open a bug against PDE-UI to document the issue. Thanks.

Tom

Inactive hide details for "O'Flynn, Dennis" ---04/20/2009 11:33:35 AM---Chris,"O'Flynn, Dennis" ---04/20/2009 11:33:35 AM---Chris,

"O'Flynn, Dennis" <Dennis.OFlynn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

04/20/2009 11:33 AM

RE: [equinox-dev] Autostarting Bundles

Chris,

I just verified my use cases. The bundle.info is not created when the .product definition is based upon plug-in configurations.

Use case 1: .product definition is configured based upon plug-ins
* o.e.e.simpleconfigurator is identified as one of the plug-ins
* o.e.e.simpleconfigurator is identified as a bundle to be auto-started
* exported the product
** the /configuration folder only contains a config.ini
** sub-folder for o.e.e.simpleconfigurator/bundle.info does NOT exist

Use case 2: .product definition to be configured upon features
* created a feature with the same plug-ins used in the .product plug-in configuration above
* o.e.e.simpleconfigutor is identified as a plug-in included with the feature
* o.e.e.simpleconfigurator is identified as a bundle to be auto-started
* exported the product, the /configuration folder only contains a config.ini
** the /configuration folder contains a config.ini
** sub-folder for o.e.e.simpleconfigurator/bundle.info exists

The contents of this e-mail are intended for the named addressee only. It contains information that may be confidential. Unless you are the named addressee or an authorized designee, you may not copy or use it, or disclose it to anyone else. If you received it in error please notify us immediately and then destroy it
.