Re: [equinox-dev] Reg : Loading bundles to OSGI framwork

To load a bundle programmatically, use the BundleContext APIs:

public Bundle installBundle(String);
public Bundle installBundle(String, InputStream);

Both APIs return a Bundle object, which you'll want to hold onto if you wish to be able to stop it at some time, but this is not absolutely necessary.

Please note that config.ini is not an OSGi mechanism, but something specific to Eclipse/Equinox.

prasanna Venkatesh <itmpras@xxxxxxxxx>

04/06/2009 11:05 AM

Please respond to
itmpras@xxxxxxxxx; Please respond to

equinox-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc
Subject
[equinox-dev] Reg : Loading bundles to OSGI framwork

Hi all ,
  I am relatively new user of Equinox . I dont know whether the same question had been asked before or not .

 In our project we intend to use Equinox .  I would like to know what are the possible ways to load bundles into OSGI framwork .

     I know we can use config.ini , Is there any other way to load a set of bundles to the framwork ? . To understand the technology better , we are not using Eclipse , for even gerenating Mainfest file . So apart from these options , is there any way to load a set of
bundles from  a predefined location  ( like can we have a bundle , which loads all other bundles )   ??  . Kinldy request you to  give your comments.

Thanks in advance
Prasanna