RE: [equinox-dev] tests are needed for compendium implementations

FYI – not sure if this would be of any interest to your testing needs…

Corona has a test framework that runs within an Equinox environment.  It allows for a mixture of JUnit 3.8 and 4.1 test cases.  We use it to run logical (class-based) test cases as well as integration (service-based) tests.

From: equinox-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:equinox-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Thomas Watson
Sent: Thursday, August 21, 2008 4:50 PM
To: equinox-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [equinox-dev] tests are needed for compendium implementations

The compendium bundles in equinox are in serious need of automated tests. For the 3.5 release we need to create junit tests for each of the compendium bundles. I have created a new project in compendium to start releasing new testcases for our compendium bundles under:

org.eclipse.equinox/compendium/bundles/org.eclipse.equinox.compendium.tests

Chris Aniszczyk was kind enough to contribute a few UserAdmin tests which I have seeded into the new project. I know Simon Kaegi has his own tests for ConfigurationAdmin which I would like to be integrated into the org.eclipse.equinox.compendium.tests. But we have lots of other compendium bundles that need test coverage.

Pavlin and Stoyan, do you have automated tests for org.eclipse.equinox.ds, org.eclipse.equinox.io, org.eclipse.equinox.ip, and org.eclipse.equinox.wireadmin that can be contributed for the bundles you own?

This is also an opportunity for anyone trying to get familiar or involved with Equinox and OSGi to develop testcases. Any help from the community is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Tom

Back to the top