Re: [equinox-dev] Re: Equinox and UTF-8

Hello Gunnar,

On Thu, 10 Jul 2008 10:24:54 +0200, Gunnar Wagenknecht
<gunnar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi Holger,
>
> Please have a look at the command line that Eclipse generates. I noticed
> that Eclipse automatically passes -Dfile.encoding parameter depending on
> the encoding set on the Java source file, project properties or system
> default.

I think I got it now. Thank you for putting me into the right direction.

For testing on console I exported my bundle with the
Eclipse "Export..." function. For testing it as standalone I first used
Fat Jar. The Fat Jar jar was okay, the "Export..." jar failed.

Now I exported the bundle with Fat Jar as OSGi bundle and used it inside
Equinox - it worked correctly.

I checked the class file in both jars. The one of the "Export..." jar is
two
bytes bigger than the other. Looking into it with a hex editor showed, that
the String representation of the paragraph symbol was enhanced by two bytes
in
the "Export..." jar. That leds to the different results.

My workspace and my project is configured to use UTF-8 as textfile
encoding.
For me it looks like that the "Export..." function is not working properly.

Can someone confirm my observations?

--
Holger Mense

Back to the top