[equinox-dev] p2 installer provides extension points?

Hi all,

I would like to know if p2 installer provide extension points. If yes, which
are them?
I'm asking this because in all the discussions that I read before the
developers are modifying the native installer behavior. Is this the expected
way to do this?

I did not find a lot of documentation about the new p2 equinox installer
functionality (the great part comes from the eclipse wiki) and the found one
does not talks about this.

Reading suggestions are always welcome.

Thanks.