Re: [equinox-dev] the importance of targetting Foundation JREs

Thanks, Jeff.  I'm glad your keeping an eye on this as it is very important for the eRCP project.

                        Mark

"Jeff McAffer" <jeff@xxxxxxxxx>

02/15/2008 03:20 PM

Please respond to

cc
Subject
[equinox-dev] the importance of targetting Foundation JREs

In the past couple days there have been at least three cases of code problems that where either code from J2SE was being used or dependencies were spec’d incorrectly because stuff was coming for free from the JRE.  We can avoid these simply by installing and configuring a Foundation 1.1 JRE.  See
                http://wiki.eclipse.org/index.php/J9#Foundation_1.1
for details on how to do this.  I would have thought that the builds would pick this up but perhaps they do not have foundation JREs either.  I’ll open a bug for that.

equinox-dev mailing list
equinox-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx