Re: [equinox-dev] [prov] Download manager support for pack200

The only support I know is in MirrorRequest#perform, but it is quite rudimentary. Essentially if the repository is local, it prefers a descriptor in canonical form (not packed/zipped), and if the repository is remote it prefers a descriptor in non-canonical form. It doesn't have any further smarts about which non-canonical form is available. Also, the pack200 processing step does a check for the unpack200 executable so it will quickly abort if unpacking is not available on the client.

Pascal Rapicault/Ottawa/IBM@IBMCA

01/24/2008 09:14 PM

Please respond to

cc
Subject
[equinox-dev] [prov] Download manager support for pack200

I seem to remember that someone was working on adding to support to our
download manager to favor downloading pack200'ed artifacts over canonical
ones.
Did that ever made it into the code?

Thx

PaScaL